Arrochar, a picturesque village located within the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park in Scotland, is a popular destination for its stunning scenery and outdoor activities. However, after a day spent exploring the area, visitors may also find delight in the local pubs that offer a cosy atmosphere, traditional Scottish hospitality, and delicious meals.
Two well-regarded establishments in the village are Ben Arthur’s Bothy and The Village Inn. Ben Arthur’s Bothy serves a variety of Indian and Scottish dishes, boasting a warm welcome and casual ambiance that invites guests to enjoy a game of pool or watch a football match. On the other hand, The Village Inn offers an array of British cuisines and pub favourites, catering to diverse tastes with vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options available.
These pubs in Arrochar not only provide a satisfying culinary experience, but also contribute to the region’s charming character. Both locals and visitors alike enjoy their time spent in these establishments, frequently returning to explore more of what this beautiful village has to offer.
Popular Arrochar Pubs
The Village Inn
The Village Inn is located on Loch Long, Shore Road in Arrochar, G83 7AX. This traditional pub offers a welcoming atmosphere with a variety of food and drinks to choose from. The pub is open every day, with hours typically from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM or 12:00 AM on weekends. Here guests can enjoy British cuisine, with popular dishes including chicken salad and hunter’s chicken.
The Ben Arthur’s Bothy
Ben Arthur’s Bothy is situated on Main Street, Arrochar, within Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 7AA. This highly-rated pub offers a mix of Indian and Scottish cuisine. With a vast menu that includes vegetarian-friendly options, this place is ideal for a variety of diners. The bothy is known for its tasty food and great customer service, making it a must-visit establishment in Arrochar.
The Arrochar Hotel Pub
The Arrochar Hotel Pub is housed within the Arrochar Hotel, offering a relaxed yet lively setting for visitors. The establishment overlooks Loch Long, providing guests with stunning views as they enjoy their drinks. This pub is an excellent place to unwind and socialise, with an extensive menu featuring a mix of Scottish and British cuisine, catering to a wide range of tastes.
Pub Locations and Accessibility
Arrochar, a picturesque village located in the heart of the Loch Lomond National Park, offers a variety of pubs for locals and visitors alike. Noteworthy establishments include The Village Inn and Ben Arthur’s Bothy.
Nearby Transport Options
Arrochar’s pubs are easily accessible through various transport options. For instance:
- Train: Arrochar and Tarbet railway station is only about 1.2 miles away from the pubs and is a part of the West Highland Line, connecting the area to Glasgow and other nearby destinations.
- Bus: Regular bus services operate through Arrochar, connecting it to surrounding towns and cities.
It is recommended that visitors utilise public transport options to make their way to these pubs conveniently without worrying about parking.
For those opting to drive, limited parking facilities are available close to the pubs. Some options include:
- The Village Inn: This pub offers limited parking spaces for guests in the vicinity.
- Ben Arthur’s Bothy: Street parking can be found nearby, but there might be restrictions during busy hours.
Keep in mind that parking options can fill up quickly during peak times, so it is a good idea to explore public transport options or carpooling to make the journey stress-free.
Food and Drink Offerings
Traditional Pub Grub
Arrochar offers a variety of classic pub fare, including dishes such as fish and chips, steak pie, and houlimi fries. Some noteworthy establishments to enjoy traditional pub grub are:
- Loch Lomond Arms: Fish and chips, as well as a lovely salmon dish with chorizo.
- The Rowardennan Hotel Restaurant: Delicious fish and chips and steak pie served here.
- The Village Inn: This local favourite is praised for its good pub food, and it’s a must-visit spot.
Local and Craft Beers
Arrochar pubs offer a selection of local and craft beers, allowing visitors to sample various brews unique to the region. Some of the popular pubs and bars in Arrochar include:
- Ben Arthur Bothy: This restaurant and pub offers a mix of Indian and Scottish cuisine, along with a variety of beers to choose from.
- The Village Inn: In addition to its pub food, it also serves a good selection of local and craft beers to complement your meal.
Vegetarian and Vegan Options
Arrochar’s pubs and restaurants cater to various dietary needs, offering options for vegetarians and vegans. Some noteworthy establishments with vegetarian-friendly options include:
- Ben Arthur Bothy: This location offers both Indian and Scottish cuisine with vegetarian dishes on its menu.
- Cù Mara Bistro & Takeaway / Cafe: Ranked as one of the top places to eat in Arrochar, this establishment offers a vegetarian menu to suit your dietary needs.
Remember to check the menus for clearly labelled vegetarian and vegan options before ordering. Additionally, asking the staff for recommendations can also help you find the best plant-based dishes available.
Entertainment and Events
Live Music Nights
Arrochar pubs offer some great live music nights to keep locals and visitors entertained. One popular spot for live music is Slanj Restaurant, where you can enjoy some tunes on Saturdays. The cozy pub on the ground floor provides an excellent ambiance for music enthusiasts.
Themed evenings can be found at various pubs in Arrochar, offering a unique experience for patrons. These events may include quiz nights, karaoke, or special food and drink promotions, attracting a lively crowd. Keep an eye out for upcoming events at your favourite pub to enjoy a memorable night out.
Outdoor Seating and Views
Arrochar’s stunning natural settings make it an ideal location for pubs with outdoor seating and picturesque views. Ben Arthur’s Bothy in Arrochar offers a beautiful outdoor space with decking, where you can appreciate the surrounding scenery. Additionally, The Village Inn provides a pleasant dining area with charming views of Loch Long and the surrounding hills, making it a perfect spot to unwind while indulging in some delicious food and drink.