Whisky Types: Single Malts and Blended Whiskies
Typical Taste: The Single Malts have a taste of heather, honey and are full bodied
Aberfeldy Distillery produces the Single Malts Aberfeldy 12 and Aberfeldy 21. The distillery was founded by John Dewar and opened in 1898. Even though the distillery had to go through tough times because of World War I and II, it was enlarged in 1972. Next to the distillery is “Dewar’s World of Whisky”, a centre for education and marketing of the products.
The single malts are known for having a heather and honey nose and a full body taste. The finish is dry and spicy with bitter hint of Seville oranges.
Aberfeldy Distillery was awarded with a number of prizes such as medals from the San Francisco World Spirits competition. The distillery offers tours from November to October. Opening times depend on the season.
- Dewar’s White Label Blended Whisky – Honey, malty and spicy, vanilla, smoky hints
- Aberfeldy Single Malt 12 year – Full bodied, rich, with honey and caramel
- Aberfeldy Single Malt 21 year – Sweet, chocolate, orange, and a spicy finish
- Aberfeldy Single Malt 15 year – Biscuit, citrus and hints of peat
- Aberfeldy Single Malt 1980 (limited)
April – October: Mon – Sat 10.00 – 18.00, Sun 12.00 – 16.00
November – March: Mon – Sat 10.00 – 16.00